Solar Cell Scoring
Product used: 35x LASW20 series linear slide
Objective: Scoring thin silicon solar cell to improve its efficiency by increasing its surface. Solar cell thickness 10µm to 100µm.
Solution: Find surface of the solar cell and apply required force to score solar cells. SMAC actuators incorporate a patented Soft-Land™ capability which is very useful when applied to brittle materials. The force programmability works over the complete stroke, hence the same force can be applied through the stroke. SMAC electric actuator also gives continues position and force feedback which can be used to monitor many production factors such as real time tool wear, thereby improving the uptime of the process, quite often resulting in a much faster production process. The ability to Soft-Land™, measure and track an unknown or uneven surface at the same or a different programmed force makes the unit ideal for processing rough surfaces.
Key SMAC Advantages:
- Soft-Land capability = No damage the Solar cell or cutter
- Presidion position and force control
- Free force control with constant applied force
- Small size is efficiency for their factory equipment
- SMAC provides intelligent feedback to enable predictive maintenance
- 100% QC/QA on-line test