Click image to enlarge
MCA (or "Moving Coil Actuator") Inside is a custom series of actuators built to your size, shape, and form specifications. These actuators would include all the features inherent to MCA actuators.
MCA Features and Benefits
MCA Inside actuators are based on moving coil actuator technology. They are unique in that force, position, and speed are totally programmable and they provide realtime feedback on the work they are doing while it is being performed. SMAC actuators are designed to perform at exceptionally high speeds or very low speeds and with sub-micron accuracy and repeatability. A patented Soft-Land™ function gives extremely accurate sensing of product location or dimensions.
The features that the SMAC Voice Coil Actuator is known for (such as programmable force, position, and speed, realtime feedback, high speeds, sub-micron accuracy/repeatability, Soft-Land, long life, etc.) can now align with OEM requirements of "dropping into" the form, fit and function of the existing solution. This allows OEMs with an install base or existing designs to utilize SMAC's features to solve problems with minimal inconvenience during the transition.
- Improves speeds/efficiencies/cycle life.
- Eliminates downtime.
- Provides feedback on processes in real time.
- Replaces a 'problem' actuator - slow / inflexible / short cycle life - with a Moving Coil Actuator on a currently produced machine.
- Fits into a particular required space on a new machine.
- Allows you to get around the inflexible standard product offerings of many manufacturers.
- Get an actuator that meets the special mechanical requirements demanded for your particular application.
Some recent design wins for SMAC and our customers:
- Replacing a ballscrew stepper system with a "bolt-in" LBS17 with cross rollers resulting in more precision, longer life and quieter motion
- Replacing throw away pneumatic air cylinder with "drop-in" CBL actuator with build-in controller on an eject application, eliminating downtime and set-up
- Replacing Moving magnet linear motor with Rotary with CBR100 on OEM capping machine resulting long life and proof that the capping has been done to specification @ 100%
Narrow Your Results By
Narrow Your Results By