Product used: Unit: LCA8 series linear
Target is to check the presence of the spring in a contact pin and measure its force at a defined position.
This has to be done at two different positions:
- 1st position with fully compressed spring (~3.5mm from start position) to check the spring presence by measuring the force.
- 2nd position at mid stroke (~2mm from start position) and measure the force.
Problem/objective: Until today the customer was achieving this with pneumatic cylinders, external sensors and a weight on the top to simulate the force...and this without acceptable results. Their biggest problem being that they need 2 stations on the machine to make the 2 measures.
- Fast approach in PM
- Soft-Land on pin
- PM to 1st position, measure force
- PM to 2nd position, measure force
- Check if forces are within given tolerances
Position and force are checked during the whole process in order to abort the process if there is any problem.