SMAC’s line of precision, programmable electric actuators are being used by in 3 areas of the catheter industry:
- Pull test on medical stent used in catheters - SMAC advantage: Adjustable force and immediate position feedback & confirming the task completed or not.
- Medical catheter assembly - SMAC advantage: Linear & rotary in one actuator package; precise force control; fast & accurate handling (i.e., no damage to parts).
- Catheter tube welding - SMAC advantage: Velocity, Force and Position control; our controllers replace PLC to signal on/off to welders & component part grippers
THE SMAC ADVANTAGE:
Here are the advantages in utilizing our actuators in your manufacturing process.
- Eliminate pneumatic systems, ball screw, linear guides, stepper motor, magnetic clutch, and load cell.
- Verify and monitor your processes from start to finish.
- Constant data streaming ensures a quality process.
- Data collection on every part via our I/O.
- Maintenance free low cost operation. No filters, air leaks, or compressors to maintain.
- Millions of cycles.
- Ultra-low particle generation for clean room applications.
“The ability to do work and verify its accuracy at the SAME time”--
SMAC ‘smart’ actuators are used to automate repetitive manufacturing processes that humans can’t do or do not want to do. We work closely with companies in the medical & bio-medical instrumentation industries, who want to: (1) increase manufacturing output & QUALITY by automating some or all of the processes, AND (2) leverage these upgrades to maintain (or increase) speed, while not comprising accuracy, repeatability and quality.
SMAC's actuators are designed to perform at exceptionally high speeds or very low speeds; unique FEATURES are:
- Fully programmable in POSITION, ACCELERATION, VELOCITY & FORCE
- 'Soft-Land' capability: apply controlled light force without damaging parts/material being handled
- Direct drive = NO backlash, a very high degree of accuracy & repeatability
- Sub-micron resolution (5 micron to 100 nm)
- Long operation life = typical MTBF of over 100 million cycles
- Stroke from 10 mm to 250 mm; peak force range from 1.5N – 500N
This makes SMAC electric actuators ideal for a wide range of high cycle positioning, measuring, and inspection applications, particularly where 100% verification is required. Customers desiring to increase up-time, ease of set up, and adjustment can make dramatic improvements by using SMAC actuators.