Primary Qualifications & Professional Knowledge:
- We are seeking a successful automation technician who knows servomotors and how to program them.
- We will match and increase your current earnings by 10%, if hired.
- Our SMAC-MCA actuators are technologically leading devices, which are used in many branches of electronics, biochemistry and many other automation industries. They do highly precise work and report their successful completion.
- You advise and supervise the application of electrical and electronic products from SMAC for the control of automation applications.
- Within the scope of technical support, you will be in charge of distributors and customers as service technician by telephone and on site.
- You assist in defining technical content of training, documentation and operating instructions.
- You check compliance with our specifications for each application.
- You specify and implement SMAC actuators electrically and in the motion control set-up.
- A education in Automation / electronics professional technical training.
- Experience in industrial automation, including drive technology an added plus of PLC programming (Beckhoff, Siemens or Allen Bradley).
- Experience as a programmer as well as knowledge in automation.
- Quick understanding and a high level of learning / performance.
- Be capable of independent work, coupled with a high problem-solving competence.
- Be willing to travel.
This is an exceptional opportunity to grow your career with the industry leader of innovative products and technology.
Responsible for making prototype and production parts as well as tool building, all to extremely high tolerances. Must be able to work unsupervised and produce at a high level
- This is a full time position
- Between $20 & $25, depending on experience
- Benefits include, health, dental, vision, 401k, biannual bonus
Minimum of 6 years with the following:
- Manual mills (Bridgeport type) and lathes performing set up and machining of several different parts per day
- Precision measuring equipment, gauges and hand tools to assure quality standards are maintained
- Experience machining various metallic and non-metallic materials
Prospective candidates will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Understanding of blueprints (English and Metric) and technical schematics and drawings
- Ability to meet inspection requirements according to customer specifications
- Use of intermediate shop mathematics including Algebra and Geometry to determine and check angles, radii, hole locations, accessibility, missing dimensions, interrelated dimensions, etc.
- Knowledge of tooling cutter speeds and feed rates
- Ability to read and write in English and comprehend English instructions
- Must have your own tools
- Extremely Organized
- High school Diploma or equivalent
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform. Other responsibilities/duties may be added as needed by the Supervisor/Manager.
SMAC has developed a high torque DC servomotor with an output estimated to be triple that of (same size, current and voltage) the leading motor makers.
SMAC is now tooling up this product line with initial high interest from leading manufacturers and robot makers around the globe. Reasonable material cost and efficient production offers the opportunity to make a million motors a year.
SMAC sells strictly through a distribution system with locations around the world, many already sell competitor products. A number of these distributors have been approached and their feedback is that the current market needs lacks a small, high torque motor.
SMAC has a strong market position and understanding of electric linear actuators. However, with less experience in the small DC servomotor market, the Company is looking to hire a Sales Manager that can penetrate deep into this market.
The market for these motors is estimated at around $2 billion annually, SMAC aims to obtain a 10% market share within 5 years of product launch.
- Work closely with SMAC’s 6 sales Area Managers (2 each in US, Europe and Asia) in sales development of this new product
- Team with channel partners to develop sales with larger volume customers located globally
- Work closely with Design and Marketing to tailor this new line to customer needs
- Travel with distributors to end user facilities
- Minimum 10yrs experience selling rotary DC motors
- Must have network of industry relevant contacts with diverse applications
- Bachelors – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Technically savvy with electric motors, specifically DC rotary
- 10yrs experience selling through distribution/channel partners and development of new distributors
- Professional understanding of multi-axis systems, steppers, servos, drives and control software
- Intimate with new product rollout and channel management
- This is a full time, salaried position
- Competitive – dependent upon experience
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, 401k and biannual bonus
- Personable, customer centric attitude
- Aggressive sales posture
- Recognized as a solution provider
- Excellent communication and problem solving
- Willingness to travel
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. This job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform. Other responsibilities/duties may be added as needed by the Area Sales Manager and/or President of The Company.