Seatbelt & Child Seat Buckle Testing
Perform a sequence of tests on a seatbelt buckle assembly to ensure correct operation of the latching and release mechanisms.
- Insert seatbelt clasp into buckle ensuring that it latches and register position and forces required.
- Depress release button and register position and forces at the point of release.
Customer was having troubles to control force and position with the pneumatic actuators. SMAC actuators provided precise control on force, position and velocity. Data acquisition provided the customer with a tool to detect the latching mechanism and release force.
SMAC has proven designs and procedures which enables users to:
- Accurately plot force vs. position
- Provide assembly verification
- Durability testing in harsh environments
SMAC actuators are equally applicable for collecting pass fail data in a 100% testing in a production environment or providing a comprehensive report in a test lab for audit and QA purposes.